Looking for the desired international school for the child can be a time-consuming task. One must consider some of the important tips at the time of choosing an affordable international school in Singapore that have been discussed in this article.
Important tips to consider for choosing an affordable international school
Below are some of the important tips to consider an affordable international school:
- International schools mainly range in size from less than a hundred to several thousand students. Many of the students mainly prefer a small educational environment where everyone mainly knows each other. In the case of a smaller environment teachers are mainly able to provide more one-to-one attention. Others mainly prefer the greater diversity, Different varieties of activities and curriculums which mainly be available in case of larger schools.
- Some of the international schools mainly offer classes from kindergarten through high school. While some others may serve a limited number of age groups. For example, some schools offer only primary education to children aged between 5 to 12. Another important consideration may be the intended length of stay in that city. If someone mainly plans to live in that city for several years, then they may want to choose a school where the child can remain for the entire duration of their stay.
- Many parents mainly wish to choose a school which is close to where they are already living or working. Some of the other parents mainly wish to choose a school first and then look for their residence near to the school. This is an important factor to take into account as longer travel time can mainly affect both parents as well as kids.
- For many children, it is important to learn a new language. Normally international schools mainly offer one or more languages apart from their main language of instruction. This is mainly a mandatory aspect of the school’s curriculum.
- It is necessary to take into account the extracurricular activities that are being offered by the school.
It is necessary to take into account the child’s learning style as well as previous academic background at the time of choosing an international school in Singapore. It is necessary for the parents to consider a child’s academic strengths as well as weaknesses at the time of choosing a school that can provide a good fit.
These are some of the important facts to know about choosing an affordable international school in Singapore.